Friday, March 4, 2016

Oh What a Beautiful Morning!!!


Once again I've been "off the grid" for a while.  I've completed 30+ days of my Whole 30 and will continue to eat mostly W30 compliant. I plan to occasionally allow some non-compliant, but Paleo, foods for the sake of staying with this long term.  We typically take one or two extended trips to Europe each year and one of my biggest challenges is enjoying all the food experience without going totally away from the things that I know make me feel my best.  While I've been incommunicado,  I've been saving material for this and future posts.

Paleo/W30 Facebook groups often include questions regarding what to eat for breakfast.  I happen to love eggs (particularly the beautiful farm eggs I've been buying from a local man), but many people don't share my feelings about eggs.


I love the varying colors of the farm eggs and the beautiful orange yolks.

This post is intended to give you some ideas about what a Paleo/W30 breakfast can be.  Looking back through my pictures, it is hard to find one of my breakfasts without eggs but I frequently just eat whatever leftovers I have.  As long as it includes enough protein I don't add eggs.  Here are a few I've eaten recently.

Egg roll in a bowl
Sautéd Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes with Curry Sauce (from
another dish) and two steamed eggs




Leftover Beef Stew



Sauerkraut, Tomatoes, Roast Beef
Eating Paleo breakfasts is simply a matter of changing your preconceived ideas about what breakfast food is.  Use your imagination.  The sky is the limit.  Anything goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment